The manifestation, jewel in the crown of the city of Aleramo, dates back to the fourteenth century, when the truffle of Moncalvo was the official ambassador of the Monferrato at all the European courts.
A document in the Historic Communal Archives dated 1594 bears witness of this fact. It is the payment invoice for the transport of ‘a rooster, a lamb, a loin and eight pounds of truffles (almost 4 kilos) with seraci (ricotta-cheese)’. Ergo, in 1594, in Moncalvo, there were truffles! An indisputable fact. A copy of this precious document is exposed in Ristorante Barbetta in New York, which in November 2000 received a delegacy of the municipality.